Reliability Engineering Certification
The Reliability Engineering Certification prepares reliability professionals to achieve maximum results in this strategic business role.
This university-backed program is designed for people who are responsible for improving asset and capacity reliability and creating a culture of continuous improvement. This program equips participants to:
- Build and sustain a strategic reliability engineering program
- Prepare control strategies that reduce risk and improve asset utilization
- Determine predictive strategies and build an effective predictive maintenance program
- Establish a root cause analysis program that will lead to reduced downtime, increased production and a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrate practical learning application
- Use the REC title designation after your name
To earn the Reliability Engineering Certification (REC) candidates must complete four three-day classes in three years and successfully pass a work product element. Courses may be taken individually.
Click each title below for course information and dates.
- Risk-Based Asset Management (RBAM)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Predictive Maintenance Strategy (PdMS)
- Reliability Engineering Excellence (RE)
The price for each 3-day course includes a comprehensive active learning manual. These courses are currently offered in online format by Life Cycle Engineering. We will resume in person courses at some point in the future.
Each completed course will earn 2.1 CEUs with a total of 8.4 CEUs for the certification program that are accepted and recognized by The Ohio State University, Life Cycle Institute and Certified Reliability Leaders.
This program is offered through a partnership with the Life Cycle Engineering and Institute.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
100% refund if you cancel more than 14 business days before a training course date. No refunds will be given after that time. Registrations can be transferred.
In the event that a course is rescheduled or canceled because enrollment numbers are not met, we reserve the right to offer complete refunds or reschedule for a more appropriate time frame. We will always work with our clients for a mutually agreeable solution.
Please contact us at: eng-profed-REC@osu.edu or 614-292-7153