Certification in Practice of Finite Element Principles
About this program
The Certification in Practice of Finite Element Principles (CPFEP) is a 100% online, non-credit, four-course certification program provided by The Ohio State University College of Engineering SimCenter. The program is designed for engineers and other practioners who wish to learn more and increase their skills in Finite Element Principles. All four courses must be completed in order to earn the certification, but students have the option to take standalone courses for targeted learning.
What you will learn in this program students will be able to:
- Recognize connections between theoretical (mathematical) concepts and modeling choices.
- Recognize that the data generated by CAE tools needs to be critically evaluated.
- Pursue integrating CAE into their work.
The online delivery of each course is comprised of:
- Instructional material equivalent to a one semester credit hour class
- Approximately 40 hours of class time per course that consists of 12-13 hours of recorded online instruction and 23-24 hours of additional out-of-class work (note - this is not the amount of time it will take a person to complete the course work)
- All course lectures are recorded and available to you 24/7 through the university's Learning Management System called - Carmen.
- Course duration of approximately 7 weeks. See course pages for exact schedule
Course Sequence and Pre-Requisites
The four courses will be offered in a sequential pattern and Finite Element Principles in Linear Static Analysis must be take first.
There are no prerequisites for this course, although a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field is strongly recommended.
Finite Element Principles Courses and Registration Links
Students must complete all four courses to earn the certificaiton.
Software and Hardware Requirements
Cancellations and Refunds
This program is pending College of Engineering approval. We hope to have this completed in order to begin Autumn 2019. Please contact the program for questions or updates.