Sustainable Engineering is a workforce development program consisting of three, non-credit courses. The program is aimed at practicing engineers seeking to increase their skills and knowledge in the field of Sustainable Engineering. Developed by the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, the 100% online, is taught asynchronously and includes three non-credit courses. Students may progress through each course at their own pace but they must complete all of the course work within the seven week period.
Advantages of this program
Busy professionals find this program meets their professional goals while providing a flexible learning experience. As a student in the program, you’ll enjoy:
- All courses are delivered in 100% distance learning format and asyncronously.
- Being taught by top faculty from The Ohio State University.
- Courses that focus on the most important components of radiological engineering.
- The option to take standalone courses for targeted learning or complete the three courses.
- Students select their own pace.
What you can expect
The online delivery of each course is comprised of:
- Instructional material equivalent to a one semester credit hour class.
- Approximately 40 hours of class time per course that consists of 12-15 hours of recorded online instruction and 22-25 hours of additional out-of-class work (note - this is not the amount of time it will take a person to complete the course work).
- All course lectures are recorded and available to you 24/7 through the university's Learning Management System called - Carmen.
- Course duration of approximately 7 weeks. See course pages for exact schedule.
Course Sequence and Pre-Requisites
A bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field is strongly recommended.
Ohio's TechCred Program gives businesses the chance to upskill employees. Businesses who submit applications (for approved programs) are reimbursed up to $2000 per credential, when current or prospective employees complete technology-focused credentials. Check with your employer to learn if they're willing to assist you with enrolling in the TechCred program and receiving funding to pay for the Sustainable Engineering courses.
Sustainable Engineering Courses and Registration Links
Below are the three courses in the Sustainability Engineering program.