Remote Pilot Exam Prep Training
When: Online Training - Start Anytime!
About this program
The Remote Pilot Exam Prep Training course is a workforce development program designed for individuals who want to either earn their FAA Remote Pilot Certificate or simply gain new knowledge in order to operate their small unmanned aerial vehicle (sUAS) with more confidence. This course will prepare participants to take the FAA Remote Pilot written test.
Participants must successfully complete the course within a three-week period in order to obtain the certificate of completion. The course is delivered in 100% online, asynchronous, and on-demand format. This program is developed by the Center for Aviation Studies and delivered through the Professional and Distance Education Programs Office, College of Engineering.
The non-credit course includes these five, one-hour modules:
- Remote Pilot Certification and Regulations
- Weather and Forecasts
- sUAS Loading and Performance
- Airport Operations and Emergency Procedures
- Physiological Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making
The instructional material for the course consists of six hours of recorded online instruction coursework. Each module has a small assessment at the end. The final module includes a larger assessment to help prepare for the FAA Remote Pilot written test.
- Apply operational requirements for sUAS in the national airspace
- Appraise the effects of weather forecasts on their sUAS operation
- Interpret relevant federal regulations for their sUAS operation
- Understand what recommended safe practices should be employed while while operating a sUAS
Course Offering Schedule
Individuals may enroll at any time. All coursework must be completed though during (21) consecutive calendar days. Participants select the 21 day period when registering for the course.
What you can expect
- During registration, students provide a date that they would like to begin the course.
- Allow 1-2 business days after registering for activation of your OSU username before course access can be made available.
- All course materials and lecture videos are recorded and available to you online, 24/7 through the university's Learning Management System called - CarmenCanvas.
- Students have access to the course for a period of (21) consecutive calendar days.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Required Text Books
Cancellations and Refunds
Refunds (less a $75 administrative fee) will be issued if registration is cancelled before course access is given.