Practical Application to Advanced Analytics Course Begins
Practical Application to Advanced Analytics is one of six non-credit courses in the Certification in Practice of Data Analytics (CPDA) program. This course can be taken individually, or as one of four courses required to receive the CPDA certificate of completion.
Students will learn to:
- How to use different types of decision trees and random forests, types of regression models and when to use them.
- How text analytics techniques work and some common uses of the skill.
- How to leverage output from text analytics within classification models and why this is important.
- While machine learning has been in use for decades, why it is accelerating the success of analytics today.
- Machine learning algorithms and how to apply them within common predictive models.
- The components of a cognitive system and when the use of it applies and does not apply to a data analytic problem.
- How to apply the use of chatbot technology with text analytics using available cloud technology.