Visual Analytics for Sensemaking Course Begins
Visual Analytics for Sensemaking is one of six non-credit courses in the Certification in Practice of Data Analytics (CPDA) program. This course can be taken individually, or as one of four courses required to receive the CPDA certificate of completion.
Students will learn to:
- Perform a Work Domain Analysis to reveal informative data relationships for a specific context in a given setting.
- Apply the basic techniques of Representation Design in order to organize the visual field in an informative way.
- Use low-fidelity tools (i.e., pen and paper) to iteratively experiment with standard and compound visual forms to create informative representations.
- Use high-fidelity tools (e.g., Tableau) to create data-driven visualizations
- Effectively critique others’ work and receive a critique.