Certification in Practice of Data Analytics
Data Analytics is a burgeoning field due to the exponential growth of information created with today’s sophisticated technologies. The Certification in Practice of Data Analytics (CPDA) offers working professionals the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills that support the management and use of big data. If you want to embark on this exciting career path or enhance the path you're on, the CPDA is for you.
Upon successful completion of the 4-course certificate program, you will be able to:
- Collect, clean, model, and report data as well as build data products
- Analyze data to support informed data driven decisions
Advantages of this Data Analytics program
Busy professionals find this program meets their professional goals while providing a flexible learning experience. As a student in the program, you’ll enjoy:
- A 100% distance learning format
- Being taught by top faculty from Ohio State’s College of Engineering and Department of Statistics
- Courses that focus on the most important and marketable components of data analytics
- The option to take standalone courses for targeted learning or take all four courses to earn the certification
- Certification can be achieved in less than one year or longer if necessary
What you can expect
The online delivery of the courses is comprised of:
- Instructional material equivalent to approximately one semester credit hour
- Approximately 40 hours of course work including 12-13 hours of online instruction
- Course duration of approximately 7 weeks. See course pages for exact schedule
- 4 CEUs are granted upon successful completion of each course
Course Sequence and Suggested Pre-Requisites
The courses can be taken individually for specific interests, or students can pursue the full certification. The courses can be taken in any sequence, although it is strongly recommended that people without experience or prior education in college level algebra take the Foundations of Statistics first. Data Mining is the next course in the sequence, and Machine Learning or Visualization Analytics and Sensemaking can follow in any order. Course pre-requisites are noted on the course information pages.
Courses and Registration Links
Registration is open for all courses.
(Click on each course to learn more)