Certification in Practice of Data Analytics
Data Analytics is a burgeoning field due to the exponential growth of information created with today’s sophisticated technologies. The Certification in Practice of Data Analytics (CPDA) offers working professionals the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills that support the management and use of big data. While this program is offered through the College of Engineering, it is designed for people in any profession or industry and requires minimal knowledge about data analytics. The CPDA program currently includes six, non-credit courses and at least four must be successfully completed in order to earn the certificate of completion.
If you want to learn the fundamentals of data analytics and embark on this exciting path, the CPDA program is for you. Upon successful completion of the certificate program, you will be able to:
- Collect, clean, model, and report data as well as build data products
- Analyze data to support informed data driven decisions
Advantages of this Data Analytics program
Busy professionals find this program meets their professional goals while providing a flexible learning experience. As a student in the program, you’ll enjoy:
- All courses are delivered in 100% distance learning format and asyncronously.
- Being taught by top faculty from The Ohio State University College of Engineering and Department of Statistics.
- Courses that focus on the most important components of data analytics.
- The option to take standalone courses for targeted learning or complete four courses to earn the certification.
- Students select their own pace towards completion of the Certification.
What you can expect
The online delivery of each course is comprised of:
- Instructional material equivalent to a one semester credit hour class.
- Approximately 40 hours of class time per course that consists of 12-13 hours of recorded online instruction and 23-24 hours of additional out-of-class work (note - this is not the amount of time it will take a person to complete the course work).
- All course lectures are recorded and available to you 24/7 through the university's Learning Management System called - Carmen.
- Course duration of approximately 7 weeks. See course pages for exact schedule.
- 4 CEUs are granted upon successful completion of each course.
Course Sequence and Pre-Requisites
The courses can be taken individually for specific interests, or students can pursue the full certification. If you intend to pursue the certification the courses must be taken in this sequence: Introductory Statistics for Data Analytics first, Introduction to Data Mining second, followed by Practical Application to Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning,or Neural Networks and Deep Learning. Visualization Analytics for Sensemaking can be taken at any time. Please be sure you understand all of the specific course pre-requisites that are noted on the course information web pages.
CPDA Courses and Registration Links
Students must complete four of the six courses below to earn the certification.
Linear Algebra & Calculus for Machine Learning
Would you like to learn more? Join us for the next online information session on October 7th